Sunday, August 30, 2009

Christmas Inspiration #2 & MDUC Winner!!!

Well this is the 2nd of 3 posts of Christmas cards I have been working on.

I have seen these type of christmas ornaments on many blogs and wanted to give them a try. They are so easy, I used the 1 3/8" circle punch and some acetate to punch a template, the swirl is from Spotlight on Christmas Stamp Set and the string from the Tree Trimmings set from the new mini catalogue. I have embossed the Merry Christmas on the front (from Occasional Greetings Stamp Set). Inside the card I have stamped the Merry Christmas in Chocolate Chip ink (same as the string on the ornaments) and included a smaller ornament inside. After making one I got carried away and made some more in different colours.


Here is a close up of one of them.


On another note I was very honoured to have won the Magnolia Down Under Challenge #20 (my very first challenge win - YEAAHHH). Thank you MDUC girls, I know there are always so many gorgeous entries.


Stay tuned one more Christmas post to go.

5 comments:

  1. WOW, Alison, these cards are just gorgeous !
    Love them all - fabulous job with the ornaments. (Will definitely have to try your idea.) I love the simplicity and elegance of these cards - beautiful work!!
    Hugs,
    Ramona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Renae, these look gorgeous, love reverse masking, looks very classy! Thanks for the award too, I will get around to sharing it soon, and congrats on the MDUC, very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards and great colours - I love this techniques - and I see you've done the inside too! Fabulous job!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done a fantastic job on these cards, they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your MDUC win, well done, these cards are wonderful, great to see you on Saturday, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments, they are really appreciated.