Monday, March 8, 2010

Easter is coming

I just recently got A Good Egg stamp set, and with Easter round the corner I have been itching to use it. All supplies Stampin' Up! unless otherwise stated.


The tutorial for this basket I found on Splitcoast Stampers (it's designed by Makeesha).

I made the box in Chocolate Chip Cardstock and used the new Kaleidoscope Designer Series Paper to decorate it. The chick is coloured with blender pens (in Baja Breeze and Apricot Appeal) with Only Orange directly for the beak.

I haven't filled it with eggs yet (to dangerous to get them now - as I would just eat them before giving them away).


This second box was made up - well I actually had the base already made (a failed attempt from another project), so just needed to make a lid. Tip - I always add 1/8th inch to allow the lid to slip on more easily.

I decorated it in a similar way to the basket and used the Regal Rose ribbon. I will fill this one with little eggs (when the time is right!!!).


I really loved these chicks done by Andrea Walford (see here), so ended up making them in Barely Banana (with Pumpkin Pie), Pretty in Pink (with Pink Passion), Bashful Blue (with Tempting Turquoise) and Certainly Celery (with Kiwi Kiss). I used flowers using the Boho Blossoms punch for the girly ones, and buttons for the ones I'll use for boys.


I'll show you later in the week how I use them.

Melbourne is having some very weird weather the last couple of days - with so much rain that the city flooded, and hail stones that were as big (or bigger) than golf balls, it's very strange when one minute it is 'bucketing down' and the next the sun is out - go figure! Thankfully no damage here but unfortunately others have not been so lucky. So to everyone - stay safe.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Alison,
    Just wanted to say thank you for your lovely comments.

    I love these cute little chicks. Can't wait to see what you make with them.
    Take care.
    P.S are you coming to convention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These projects are fantastic! I just cant wait to see what you do with those chicks!

    This weather is terrible, especially on our long weekend! Grrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous projects for Easter.

    Liam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am loving those little chickies!!!! Can't wait to see how you use them! Your box and basket are fabulous too! You are such a creative gem!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments, they are really appreciated.