Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Melbourne Regionals - Swap 2

Here is my second swap that I created for the Stampin' Up Melbourne Regionals (this one seemed to be the most popular). Well this is not actually the swap, this is the card I used for the swap (I just left out the button on the swaps).

Now there is a story behind this design. I had started by embossing the Cherry Cobbler cardstock with the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, then I used my brayer to add some Cherry Cobbler ink to one side to give a two tone effect. To fit nicely on a card I had to trim the embossed cardstock, but in my haste I tore the corner, well I was so disappointed as I really liked the effect and I didn't want to throw it out, so after staring at it for a few days I decided to try some Designer Series Paper from the Patterns Stack to the corner and loved how it looked. I think it looks like wallpaper that has been torn to reveal some more wallpaper underneath.



I used the Welcome Christmas and the Tiny Tags stamp sets and the Jewelry Tag Punch for the little Merry tag.

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh, this ones special Alison! Great effort with your swaps (as always!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your swaps are GOR-JE-US! Love the wallpaper thingy going on too! Lovely, as always Ali :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it so much! The background effect is stunning. You are so creative, Alison...I love all the ideas you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That torn edge, exposing the DSP, is great! Beautiful swaps, Alison; sorry I didn't get to meet you at Regionals.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments, they are really appreciated.