Sunday, February 27, 2011

Awash with Flowers

Hi there, I think my mojo has been missing for a while as every time I went to sit down in my craft room nothing was coming together.

Well I finally got around to playing with the Awash with Flowers stamp set and at first the mojo was struggling, then finally something came together. Now these are fairly simple cards (but sometimes simple is best when things aren't quite working).


Did you know - the Awash with Flowers clear mount set actually comes in two DVD cases (cause there are so many pieces). But all these pieces means that you can use the two step stamping method to add just the right amount of colour (and you don't need a stamp-a-ma-jig with this set - its not meant to fit together perfectly).

For the cards I used Crumb Cake base, Old Olive and Whisper White mats and Baja Breeze, Blushing Bride and Peach Parfait textured mats with the square lattice embossing folder (love this one). Add some Old Olive ribbon and done.


On the inside I used the Old Olive and Whisper White mats and added the corresponding flower on the inside left corner and the Well Scripted 'Happy Birthday'.

On another note - I ran in a 5km 'fun' run today. Now I am by no means a runner, and the longest I have run before today was a 4km run (and that took me a month to recover!!). Unfortunately it was very wet this morning but thankfully not really cold, so by the time I finished I was saturated, but finished, I did and I only had to stop once at the halfway mark (for water).



I have a bit of a dodgy hip at the moment so walking will probably be interesting for the next few days. Oh the pain and the glory! lol

7 comments:

  1. Lovely cards Alison. Congratulations on finishing the 5k fun run! Wow!! I don't think I would have made 1k! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Ali! Getting back to basics is always a great place to start when struggling to create again. I would say your mojo is back!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ali - apologies for not visiting for sooooo long - but as always you have some fabulous projects to inspire - hope to catch up soon!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really beautiful, in true Alison style! Have missed your blogging. Well done on your 'fun' run (not sure those two words go together, but I admire you!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cards Alison...such beautiful colours. WELL DONE on completing the 5k run. Hope you pull up ok this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards Alison - please make sure 'Mr Mojo' doesn't go missing again!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on the fun run Alison. These cards are lovely and fresh.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments, they are really appreciated.