Monday, July 11, 2011

A Vintage Picture

I was experimenting the other day with using the clear blocks as a stamp to create a background. I had also just received the Clearly for You stamp set so put the two together and I came up with this little set.

This is a technique I learnt recently at a fun team day where we get to share some great ideas through a 'shoebox swap'.



I stamped the clear block in Sahara Sand ink then 'stamped off' before stamping onto some Very Vanilla cardstock. It creates a great background for this little stamp from the Clearly for You stamp set. The stamp was coloured using markers and stamped on top of the background.

After distressing the edge of the cardstock it was the perfect size to go on the front of an Always Artichoke mini milk carton. I teamed this with some lace, a mini peg (non SU), a mini safety pin and a tiny tag.









The card uses the same products, but I used a larger piece of Very Vanilla to make the image more of a focal point.

1 comment:

  1. Alison, this is gorgeous! I'm going to CASE this for my Stamp Club (giving credit to you, of course) - you are SO clever!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments, they are really appreciated.