Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Convention Case

Following on from my last post, these items are a case from the demonstration by Vanessa Webb (her website is here) at convention. Thanks Vanessa for the great ideas.

I was visiting one of my lovely stamping buddies (hi Margaret), who now has the most amazing craft room (I would like to move into it). Well she also happens to be a quilter and I got talking about wanting to use fabric on my cards, so she pulled out a drawer and said take a piece home - yeah, she is so sweet and generous.





The card has a base of Naturals Ivory with an embossed Cherry Cobbler mat. For the butterflies, I glued the fabric onto some Cherry Cobbler cardstock (I just used the anywhere glue stick). Then cut the butterflies using the Stampin' Up! Beautiful Butterflies Die. Using a bone folder I curled slightly the wings of the butterfly, unfortunately you can't see it to well in the photo but it gives the card a bit of 'height'. A few Pearl Basic Jewels finishes them off.







Now for the envelope I started the same way by glueing the fabric to the Cherry Cobbler cardstock, then die cut the Scallop Envelope. Then I ran the envelope through the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, and it gives this gorgeous embossed effect to the fabric.

The little card uses Naturals Ivory which I sponged the edges in Soft Suede and added some of the new Seam Binding ribbon to finish off.

3 comments:

  1. Your fabric projects have turned out beautifully! Particularly love that little scallop envelope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet, Alison. Isn't it wonderful to have lovely, sharing, crafty friends?! I, too, am particularly taken with the gorgeous little Scallop Envelope. I've just rediscovered my unloved die, and this inspires me to do something a little different with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you do have a lovley friend. Was so great to see all you girls. I loved making this little envelope on our stamp camp. I forgot how easy it was. I think I need to get some fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments, they are really appreciated.