Thursday, September 1, 2011

New Catalogue Day

Well today is the day that the new 2011/2012 Idea Book & Catalogue by Stampin' Up! is available to customers - YEAH. I love this time of year and getting to pour over a new catalogue. There are some exiting new products available including stamps, dies and papers.

This is a gift set I made for one of my BFF's. She was turning the big "4 0". I had bought her a special Pandora charm so of course needed a gift bag to put it in. I used the new Beau Chateau DSP (which is beautiful) to make this gift bag and card set.




The bag was made with a kraft paper lunch bag (not SU) with a back (with flap) and front from Soft Suede Cardstock - you just need to cut to fit your bag size with a 1/8" overlap. I used a Very Vanilla mat and then used this beautiful Marina Mist DSP from the Beau Chateau DSP pack.

The flower on the front is made from a new die called Fun Flowers (this is going to be a favorite of mine) and the Five Petal Flower punch. I added a Very Vanilla button to the middle of the flower and attached it to the front flap by tying it on with Linen Thread.






The card is made in a similar fashion to the bag. I have added a border on the inside and outside using the new Lace Ribbon Border punch.

To create the 40 in the frame, I used another new product Designer Frames Embossing Folders in Very Vanilla cardstock and then adding more of the DSP to the centre.

All of the edges are lightly sponged in Soft Suede.


3 comments:

  1. This lovely Alison. So pretty and pastel.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card and bag are beautiful gifts in themselves, Alison; what a gorgeous job you've done with these. You have used some of my favourite new products (oh, who am I kidding? There are hundreds!!). Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these so much Alison. Beautifully soft and elegant. More things to go onto my wish list! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments, they are really appreciated.