Saturday, January 31, 2015

Lotus Blossom from SAB

I loved the Lotus Blossom set in the Sale-A-Bration catalogue as soon as I saw it, so my class ladies got to create this little set of Notecards at class (there is actually 4 cards, but for some reason I missed putting the blue one up).

The Lotus Blossom Stamp Set is actually a three step stamping set and comes in photopolymer so that you can see exactly where you are positioning the stamp when adding the layers.  By the way did you know that you actually don't need 2 or 3 different colours to get the variated colours.   I find with the new stamp pads from Stampin Up that you can get beautiful variations of the one colour just by stamping off 1, 2 or even 3 times.  To create the effect for the cards below I simply stamped the smallest stamp in full strength ink, then the middle stamp after stamping off the stamp once, and the largest stamp by stamping off the stamp twice.

You can't tell from the picture by the sentiment is embossed with gold embossing powder and is from Butterfly Basics set from the new Occasions Catalogue.


Here is a great video from Stampin Up showing this great new set.



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your comments, they are really appreciated.